Monday, May 30, 2011

Freebies and coupons galore!

My latest obsession is free samples and coupons! I've discovered a number of really awesome Facebook groups dedicated to finding the above mentioned articles. It's been probably 4 weeks since I started signing up for coupons and samples and so far I've received among other things; a pack of Stride 2.0 gum, U by Kotex sample, Coupon for a free box of chocolate cheerios, coupon for free large size Chocolate Nesquick, Coupon for free cotonelle wipes, and a coupon and sample for Purex detergent. This whole coupon-sample adventure has made checking the mail all that more EXCITING!! Who cares about the bills - lets see what else is hiding in the pile!

My new found mail obsession has made for some interesting front door experience. For about two weeks I was brushing branches off my mailbox before checking the contents. I thought that for some odd reason kids in the neighborhood were messing with me and decorating my mail receptacle with foliage. I failed to understand why - but just kept clearing the mess. I usually quickly run to check the mail on my way to feed the Little Diva breakfast and she's really not a fan of loitering at the front door pondering dirt when there are cheerios to much while momma makes her cereal :)

Two days ago I noticed my cats were acting a little neurotically around the little window at the front door. On closer inspection I saw a freaking bird swoop toward my mailbox and fly away. When I opened my door there was a HUGE pile of branches on the mailbox. The freaking bird just WOULDN'T get the message. To make the situation even funnier I could see him hiding under my car. He'd dash out a little to look at me and then run back under. I felt pretty terrible wiping his home away for the gazillionth time but really hasn't he heard the old mantra - LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!?

This bird either has HUMUNGOUS kahunas, is ridiculously stubborn or is utterly BATTY. I'm leaning more toward batty.... This morning I noticed him hiding under my neighbours car and it appears he's trying to make a nest in the hanging basket dangling on their front porch. I'll keep you posted on his crazy antics.... perhaps the missus will show up and we'll be privy to the antics of a little Robin family cavorting out front!

Anywho yet again it's getting pretty late - The diva and hubby are sleeping and I have a few things to do before I join them in dreamland! Sweet dreams to all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment