Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where has the year gone?

I find that the more I promise that I'll post more frequently - the less I actually post. So here's to no more promising of posts - if I type, I type and if not - well then there won't be anything to read....

Life has progressed at its usual, hectic, and fun-filled pace since my last post. As a result there's so much to type I don't really know where to start. Hmmm... well the last BIG event would have to me my becoming a Canadian Citizen! It was an amazing day and I'm so thrilled to be able to call myself a Canadian! The little Diva had fun too for the most part until she became over tired and then it took two sets of Grandparentals and her daddy to get her to sleep. I had to sit with the other "Canadians in the Making". When she wasn't over tired and cranky she had fun waving my little Canadian flag and running around while Granny hung onto one of her hands. I was off to the Passport office a few days later and am now also the proud owner of a Canadian Passport - YAY!!!

We had two separate family get-together's to celebrate my Canadianism and both were fantastic - so wonderful to be able to spend time with everyone. I cannot believe that it is already October... seriously where did the year go? It feels like just day's ago we rolled into January and now here we are. It is October, the little Diva is running all over the place and we've even dared to take her to the Early Learning Centre near our house. For the most part she seems to enjoy herself there. She tends to keep more to herself at the moment but I"m sure she'll interact with the other children more and more. Hopefully as she gets less shy, this mommy gets less terrified of potential germs!

I finally managed to book myself in for a massage today and although I now know EXACTLY where each and every one of the hundreds of knots in my back are - I do feel better. I just need to squeeze in a few repeat appointments before the end of the year.

I'm also in the process of trying to wean the little Diva to a sippy cup. She however has other ideas and is not that impressed with my attempts to convince her that Homogenized Cow's milk is just as tasty! About a month ago she decided to start refusing her one morning bottle (the one I hid her vitamins in) almost as if she could sense my impending attempt at weaning! It has been entertaining trying to find a bottle or cup that she'll take to since then. Right now we've settled on a playtex sippy cup with a spout and it looks like we're having some success.

Anywho it's getting late so I best be off. I'll typed again when I do!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment