Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 2 - Indian Style Tofu

 Ok so lets make something savory today. The hubby and I have been on a health kick for the last couple of months (damn you high cholesterol!!) and I try to cook meat-free dishes every couple of days. The diet has done wonders and it really has changed the way I cook and the way we eat! This recipe is one of our favourite meatless alternates.


some of the ingredients required
 Ingredients:
1 packages of Tofu (prefer the xtra firm silken)
1 large tomato
1medium onion
1 pepper (any colour)
30ml (or to taste) Clubhouse Indian Masala curry*
15 ml lemon juice
15ml olive oil
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste






The tofu is now ready to go into the oven
What you do:
Set the oven to 425F/220C and line a baking tray with lightly oiled foil. Open the tofu and pour off the water. Cut the tofu into squares and put it into a dish with a lid. Cut up the onion, garlic, pepper and tomatoes into smallish pieces and add to the dish. Now add the lemon juice, olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Close the lid and gently move/shake the container around to mix the contents. If you have time to waste you can place the container in the fridge for an hour or two to marinade - but if like me you need dinner ready then just go ahead and dump this onto your oiled baking tray.

Cook for 30minutes on the middle rack.


 How to serve it?
Indian style Tofu with couscous and mixed steamed veggies
 I tend to serve the tofu with rice, couscous or quinoa and an assortment of steamed veggies. This evening I used couscous and a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and lima beans.


* If you don't have the premixed clubhouse spice these work just as well:

15ml Curry powder
2.5ml Tumeric
Red Chilli powder to taste


    If there are any recipes that you would like me to share or to try please feel free to leave me a comment and I will see what I can do!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment