Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 5 - Trust me you wish you were there!!

So today has been a wonderful freaking day! We spent part of the afternoon with my Mom and Dad and my brother and his family. My sis-in-law M made the most DIVINE Cape Malay food to celebrate our South African Heritage and of course the end of the year! Trust me when I say to you that YOU WISH YOU WERE THERE!! Nothing hits the spot quite like a good curry (Tomato Bredie) and then a delish dessert (Koeksusters with coconut) to round it all off.

I don't have an in-depth recipe to share with you today - after our yummy lunch we needed something light for supper. I ended up making tuna sandwiches and cut up veggies. My one "cooking" tip today (if you like curry) is to add a dash or two of curry to your tuna and mayo. I think it's freaking yummers!

I cannot believe that 2011 is winding down all I keep thinking to myself is "Where did the year go??" But then I retrace the last few months and realize that there were many, many things that filled our days. There were highs and lows, happy times and sad times, milestones that were reached and many, many amazing fun, family and friend filled days! There were way less doctor visits for the little Diva and for this I am truly grateful. She is growing so well and learning new things every day!

I can't believe how blessed I am with my wonderful family and friends. Thank you so much to all of you - the ones I see often, those I hear from via email or phone call and those on Facebook - even those of you who read my blog :D I'm not sure there are too many of you but I'm having fun so I will keep it up.

I hope that you all had a wonderful 2011 and I hope that 2012 brings only good things your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment