Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 6 - Best way to eat asparagus!

Today was a pretty busy one. We didn't get much sleep last night - the little Diva was up from 11:30pm to 3:30am - the poor little gal barfed around 1am and after a bath, a floor scrubbing and some snuggles we were finally able to get her back to sleep. We think she just overdid the munching on old years eve. Too many new foods didn't agree with her little tummy! She was up and happy this morning asking for milk and "num nums" though so everything is back to normal.

I'm pretty wiped so I'm not going to say too much more tonight. I've added the recipe for my favourite way to make asparagus (I sometimes use zucchini as well but didn't have any tonight). We often have this with fish or chicken and a side of rice, quinoa, couscous or garlic bread. I hope you like it too!

 
Before cooking
Ingredients:
5ml olive oil
I bunch fresh asparagus
1 tomato
1 onion
1 pepper (any colour)
2 cloves garlic
Salt, pepper and spices of your choice

Method:

Cooked and ready to eat yummers!
I find the best way to trim asparagus is to grab it in the middle and as close to the bottom as possible. Bend the bottom toward the middle until it snaps by itself. Sometime more snaps off than other times - but you definitely don't end up with chewy spears! Discard the ends.

Line a tray with foil and spread lightly with olive oil. spread out the spears on the tray. Wash and cut up the onions, tomato, pepper and garlic. Spread these over the asparagus spears. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices of your choice. I use the club house vegetable spice.

Bake at 425 for 20 to 30 minutes, and enjoy as a side :D


No comments:

Post a Comment