Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 12 - Toast with Peanut Butter and Raspberry Jam

Late night snack - toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam :)
We had a wonderful day today celebrating our nieces 5th birthday. She had a wonderful day and we can't wait to hear what she names her snail!!!

I can't believe how quickly she's growing up. I have to admit it does freak me out just a wee bit - because I remember when my niece was just as small as my little goober and it seriously feels like it was a few months, not years, ago!!

..Sigh... I sometimes feel like someone has hit the fastforward button on life. I'm all for slowing down and enjoying the moments - but much like the eejits who stop in the middle of the isle in malls you're likely to get bumped into and even shoved a little when you do this.

So how's about we take several steps to the left or the right before slowing down. Enough steps to still technically be in the mall but not so few as to still be in the path of crazed shoppers! Ok so enough with that analogy - lets all try to "be alive in the moment"... you know "smell the roses"... "notice the breeze"... "take time to play"... whatever it is you need to do to feel alive and real - go and do it before the moment has passed!!!! Unless of course doing that makes you rush through something else that you should be savouring...Try not to rush through life - let your children be children. They grow up way too fast as it is. I'm dreading having to teach the Little Diva about how dangerous the world really is... ugh... I'm not a fan of fear mongering. BUT more on that later...

So yes - I hoped you enjoyed that little bit of philosophical muttering because the recipe I'm leaving you with today is less than inspiring! After the wonderful afternoon, great company and delicious food and snacks we were not looking to have a big supper. We had a late night snack of toast. Mine - as you can see in the photo - had peanut butter and raspberry jam. YUMMERS is all I can say about this mix and if you have never tried it you need to stop what you're doing and TRY IT RIGHT NOW!! Unless of course you have a peanut allergy - I do not want to be held even "slightly" responsible for that kind of insanity!

Sweet dreams until tomorrow - when I might just share a delicious slow cooker chilli recipe with ya'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment