Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 24 - Corn Muffins/Cupcakes

So I wasn't in the mood to really cook tonight so I thought I'd quickly whip up a couple of corn muffins and defrost some soup. I just did a quick Google search and came up with this recipe. It originally called for 1 cup of sugar and I only used 3/4 cup. If I make these again I will only use 1/2 cup. They were pretty sweet and I'd call them cupcakes rather than muffins. I even thought that frosting might make these worthy of a birthday treat! Or serve them warm with maple syrup.... obviously with less sugar in them though! Yum... they didn't quite go with the soup but on their own they were pretty awesome. I also substituted margarine for shortening and buttermilk for milk. So here is the butchered version of the recipe I used:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup margarine room temperature/melted
1 cup buttermilk





What to do:
Mix the dry ingredients together. Then mix in the margarine, eggs and buttermilk until smooth. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until one of those cake poker things comes out clean! Enjoy em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment