Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 20 - Baby Oatmeal and Raisin Cookes!

Wow - I CANNOT believe that I've hit day 20 already! For starters I'm in awe that I've made it this far without skipping a day - cause lets face it - I am by nature a procrastinator. I made peace with this many years ago and I and my blood pressure have an understanding - he will continue to creep up as I approach a deadline and then I will swoop in at the last minute to get whatever it is that needs to be done - DONE. I avoid my head blowing up due to stress and my blood pressure relaxes until the next approaching deadline (yes lets all just pretend it makes sense that my "blood pressure" is a "he").

Moving on, I'm also a little flabbergasted (now how's that for a word) at how fast 20 days have just blown by. I really need to fit in more relaxing time so that it doesn't seem like we're all speeding through life! Deep breathing and all that... I have already decided that I need to spend some time playing in the snow (if it sticks around) and I picked up a gorgeous pink princess snow suit for the little Diva today! I just need to find her a pair of boots and we're good to do some exploring. If anyone has spotted any in stores in Canada - please do point me in their direction. I'm not totally against aimless mall/store wandering but if it gets too much colder the Little Diva will object to being dragged around.

Ok so where are we at... right ... so the Little Diva has this routine where she will eat like a horse for 3 or 4 days in a row and then she'll have 2 days where I wonder how much food actually made it to her belly. These days usually consist of her asking for one single food item every time I try to feed her. Try as I may she doesn't quite grasp the concept that "Cheerios" are not considered a complete food! Anyway, even on these "off" days she is usually up for cookies and so I baked a batch tonight... they have some baby cereal in them to boost the iron and calories and I went even further and added an egg and a minigo yogurt. My additions were mostly in part because I was distracted mid-baking and had to hide the batter in the fridge. When I went to make the cookies the batter was too cold and hard to drop spoonfuls on parchment paper and so I made it wetter. Here is the recipe - my additions are in blue so feel free not to add them :) The cookies are nice and "cakey" and I"ll let you know what the Little Diva thinks of them after snack time tomorrow morning!
a slightly blurred look at the finished product!

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Vanilla Flavored minigo yogurt
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 Infant Rice cereal 
(I used Milupa Wheat cereal - Yogurt & Raspberry)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup rasins finely chopped

Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream together Margarine and sugar. Add egg and yogurt and mix well. Add flour, oats, rice cereal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, raisins and cinnamon and mix well. Drop dough by tablespoon (15ml) and flatten with a fork (I used parchment paper on my trays but I'm sure greasing them will work well too). Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes before moving to racks to cool completely. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment