Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 22 - Blueberry (or plain) pancakes!

So I know an anonymous friend from Holland asked for a flop proof pancakes recipe... I'm not sure if that was pancakes as in griddle cakes or crepes. In South Africa we call "crepes" pancakes and pancakes are called flapjacks... I'm not sure why - perhaps I'll google it later :D

Anywho I found this recipe online several years ago and make it every so often as a breakfast treat. I found that mixing blueberries into the batter made more of a mess that in was worth so I just pop blueberries right into the pancakes as they begin to sizzle. It makes them look ever so perfect and I can add as many or few as I like! I cute them in half this time round because I was pretty confident that the little Diva wouldn't be a fan of the cooked blueberries and I was right. She made a big deal of spitting them out - it was pretty funny - she did enjoy the pancakes once she got her initial protest in!

Anywho the recipe is really simple and here it is:

Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp olive oil
Enough blueberries to make ya happy




What to do:

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat egg and add to the dry ingredients along with the milk and the olive oil. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry 1/4 cupfuls of the batter. Once they begin to bubble and brown on the bottom you can flip them. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Don't let the pan get too hot - I tend to move the temperature up and down as I cook them. Enjoy the pancakes with real maple syrup or jam - YUMMY!



2 comments:

  1. Rich is the pancake guy at our house, so I'll be sure to pass the recipe on to him.
    Now I'm in the mood for pancakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pancakes and maple syrup and if it wasn't hazardous to my weight or cholesterol I'd probably have them every day for breakfast :D Hope you got your pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete