Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 28 - Flourless Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies

So... Hmmm what did I do today.... Well for starters I baked! (Yay!). I FINALLY tried a flour-less peanut butter cookie recipe. My little sister will be so proud. I tweaked the recipe slightly (lol when don't I tweak?!) to include some fiber in the form of oats, some vanilla essence and instead of using 1 cup of white sugar I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar. The little Diva was thoroughly impressed with these cookies:

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Mix all of the ingredients together. Roll into balls and flatten slightly on a parchment paper covered baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool. 
These had a slight fudgy taste - I would LOVE to make some South African fudge - but having that much sugary goodness in my house is not a good idea - will have to wait for family gathering where I can share it :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment