Monday, January 2, 2012

DAY 7 - Indian Style Oatmeal!

Okey dokey so we all know that oatmeal is a good old stick-to-yer-bones way to start your day...BUT some of us - and I'm not pointing any fingers - don't much care for good old oatmeal's goey boringnes. I believe the word "GRUEL" was used to describe my first attempt at this healthy breakfast. On my quest to make our diet healthier and more "lower the cholesterol" oriented I came up with the following twist on a tried and trusted breakfast! Apparently it's a winner but how about you try it for yourself :D

Ingredients:
Oatmeal (In whichever form you usually buy it)
pinch of saffron
pinch of cardamon
crushed pistachios (I didn't have these this morning)
Honey

What ya gotta do:
Prepare your oatmeal as per the package instructions. Once it is cooking in the pot you can add a pinch of saffron and a liberal pinch of cardamon. Once the oatmeal is ready - pop some in a bowl and drizzle over some honey and sprinkle with some pistachios (I didn't add these this morning but I should have)!

Sit down with some coffee or tea and ENJOY your breakfast :D

No comments:

Post a Comment