Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 10 - attempting to recreate a Tuscan Chicken Sandwich!

So every now and then I will eat something at a restaurant and decide that I HAVE to recreate it. My hubby has been going on about the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich at Moxies for a while now and I finally got to try it. The Sandwich is described as follows: open faced, with green olive tapenade, pesto and feta cheese on focaccia bread.

Anywho this thing is freaking yummy and my recipe didn't quite pan out so if I were you I'd get my ass to Moxies and try it for myself!

Here is my attempt. I grilled the chicken breast in the oven with an olive and rosemary spice (I'm thinking a garlic based one would have been better)

I put a heaped teaspoon of tapenade and pesto on the bread. I used red pesto but I'm thinking perhaps I needed green - either way I need to try the real sandwich again :P

I then added some sliced cucumber, the chicken breast and I topped that with crumbled feta and a twist or two of black pepper corns!

It was super yummy but not 100% right. I also think I needed to add some fresh cilantro... but that could be in the green pesto - I'm not really sure!


The Little Diva and I went on a quest this afternoon to find my niece an apple snail (apparently you can eat these :| lol) for her birthday! We are super happy with the one we found and can't WAIT to gift wrap and give it to her. We are pretty confident the chubby yellow guy will get along famously with her chubby goldfish. The Little Diva had a blast at the pet store. The birds were a huge hit this afternoon and she excitedly pointed and told me "teet teet teeeet!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment