Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 8 - Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti

Hmmm.... so with all the sleepless nights we've been having lately I thought I needed to unwind a little with some baking. I waited until the Little Diva was fast asleep and whipped up a batch of these. My sister is Gluten and Lactose intolerant and pointed me to this website (elana's pantry). There are many lovely recipes here and I have made these Biscotti 3 times already. I did make mine a little differently this time - I added some pecans and some ground flax seeds. I only included the coffee the very first time I made the recipe and I do think they are a lot better without it. Of course other people might not agree with me - my non-coffee drinking sister loved these!

Anywho here we go with the text version of the recipe and some photos :) The original recipe can be found on elana's pantry at this link.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
15 ml arrowroot powder (you can get this at bulkbarn)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup manuka honey
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecan pieces
15 ml ground flax seeds

Method:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. It's not that easy to mix but it can be done and I'm sure it will work as well in a mixer.










Roll the dough into 2 or 4 logs and bake on greased foil or parchment paper at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.



Remove from oven and allow to coll for 1 hour.








Cut logs into diagonal slices with a sharp serated knife and lay these slices on a baking sheet. Cook them for a further 12-15 mintes at 300 degrees.





Remove from oven and allow the biscotti to cool before removing from the tray. They will be really soft before they cool and crisp up!



Once they are cool you can enjoy them with your favourite coffee, tea or just as they are....

No comments:

Post a Comment