Friday, June 3, 2011

Mini road-trip :)

Whew it's 11:24pm and I am BEAT! I spent a wonderful day with the Little Diva, two of her adorable cousins and my Mommers. The Diva absolutely loved being in the backseat with her two little cousins when we took a little road-trip to a garden center. She jabbers non stop to them whenever we get together and I wonder what on earth it is she's saying to them. Whatever it is - it makes her happy and her cousins love getting the attention too! We'll call her cousins the Little Princess and Prince - they're both older than her and super excited for her to get a little more mobile. They spent some time kicking a ball around in Granny's backyard and I know that before long we'll have three little monsters galloping around the yard.

The little Princess spent some time today trying to teach the little Diva to walk and jump today which was really, really cute. She had a super attentive student but didn't quite end up with a walking, or hopping cousin at the end of it. I'm quite sure that our little bunny will be walking within a month - she's been pulling herself up on things for a while now and her latest trick is to let go and wobble in place for a while before grabbing onto something again or falling on her bum.

Seriously where has the time gone? There were moments when we were still in the hospital with her that it felt like we'd be there forever and have the school bus pulling up at the front of the hospital to take her to school... and now I look back and those days feel like they were just yesterday but in the same instant feel like they were a LIFETIME ago! All I know for sure is that she's growing up way too fast and in the moments when I realize that; I panic, and wish I had a pause button. I wish I could tell every preemie parent - you spend all that time worrying that they aren't growing fast enough - each hospital weigh in is a stressful/hopeful experience.... and then when they do start growing like weeds you wish that you could pause moments.... :) Watching my little Diva laugh and squeal at the beauty in everyday makes me happy to be alive - it doesn't get much better than that! A happy baby definitely does make a happy mommy! :D

Anywho - back to the day.. Our little road-trip took us to a garden centre where we were supposed to see a pony. We'd been home for several hours before we realized we had neither seen, nor looked for the horse!! The kiddies were too mesmerized by the bright flowers and water fountains.. Granny and I took turns carrying the little Diva and watching that we didn't lose the little Prince or Princess in the blooms!!

After a healthy dose of fresh air and the purchase of a fern and acacia tree seeds we made our way to the prince and princesses new home where their parentals were painting and cleaning up a storm! The new house is gorgeous and I can't wait for them to be all moved in so we can visit for a proper housewarming! Also it'll be super fun when the floors are clean and the little Diva can crawl around after her cousins.

Anywho I'm super sleepy so I better get my head to my pillow for some shut eye :)
I had a tonne of fun with my mommers and the little ones - here's to enjoying each and every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment