Thursday, June 2, 2011

I LOVE summer but boy do I hate my allergies!

I am hoping that I will at some point stumble across a safe, non invasive cure to my seasonal allergies. I have contemplated removing my OWN sinuses with a SPORK several times this week already. I'm still breastfeeding the little Diva though, so I'm not entirely comfortable with pumping myself full of allergy meds. Especially considering she isn't leaking like a faucet so she doesn't really need antihistamine laced milk!! hehe I'm really hoping she's dodged the sniffles that both her parents develop come summer!!

Even before I had the little Diva I had mixed results with allergy meds. One memorable allergy tablet made my heart race.... I started to freak out and after a few minutes of Google-ing discovered that "paranoia" was a common side effect... haha call me crazy but I think I'll stick with the stuffy nose!

I've had some good results with saline nose sprays, I'm a big fan of Simply Saline. But although these do help they are not a permanent solution. Hmmm maybe I could hook up a beer helmet as a permanent nasal irrigation product - Although I'd probably have to keep apologizing for the nasal runoff that ends up on peoples' feet..

I also swear by the breathe Right nasal strips to help me sleep through the night. I still think I look freaking Crazy with the strip on my nose and I'm waiting for the day the doorbell wakes me and I answer it in my PJ's, Nose strip proudly fluttering in the air-conditioning breeze because I've managed to dislodge one side of the strip in my sleep... Oh the humanity.. hehe

Anywho I'm waiting for the little Diva to wake up from her nap - I'm looking forward to taking her for a nice long stroll. She absolutely loves watching the trees and people go by on our little adventure walks :)

Till later, yours in sniffles...

No comments:

Post a Comment