Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ideas for things to do with the little Diva!!

I am in desperate need of ideas for things to do with the little Diva. We, are both getting terribly bored with our current routine. Due to her being a preemie she's lived a very sheltered life and as much as I'm ready to start changing this - I know it will have to be done in baby steps. I'm wondering if other preemie parents have a hard time breaking out into the real world. Do you feel comfortable joining mom and tot groups? Are playgrounds OK or do you consider them germ-covered mine fields? The little Diva just turned one and is incredibly active - she crawls everywhere and pulls herself up on everything. So I'm sure she'd be only too happy for other kinds of entertainment. We've started playing out in the backyard on a blanket on the grass but even that has it's appeal for only so long.

I'm thinking we need to get more of a routine going. Maybe breakfast at X-o'clock, followed by a walk, followed by a snack... etc etc. I'm wondering what other parents do to fill their days? Do you find that routines keep things flowing smoothly or are children pretty much going to call the shots anyway?

Anwho enough of that - I'll get myself googling after I'm done typing here and hopefully I come up with some ideas!

We decided to go out for breakfast this morning and even the little Diva had fun from her vantage point in her car seat on top of the table. She munched Mum-mums, chewed on teethers, threw her toys on the table and watched mom and dad eat breakfast. She was a perfect little angel and even had our waitress commenting on how well behaved she was. As long as she has interesting things to see and stuff to distract her she's happy to hang out with her folks!

Till next time, take care and I hope to hear some good ideas for things to do with little ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment