Thursday, July 28, 2011

Gluten Free brownies :)

Yesterday was another sleepy day, but the little Diva and I did get some baking done before visiting Dadoos and Dada. We went over there for a lovely evening after the hubby got home from work. I loved the spicy dinner but I'm thinking that the Diva's crabby pants today may in part be blamed on my spicy indulgence last night :D Oh well - one half of her heritage is spicy so she'll have to get with the program!!

Back to the baking:

The little Diva sat in her highchair in the kitchen, munching on cheerio's while I got the Gluten Free brownies flung together. I used the El Peto mix and was pleasantly surprised. I'm usually a "from scratch" person so I feel a little iffy about "box" cake mixes. BUUT this one really did deliver. The only issue I has was that the box said to cook the brownies for 20 minutes at 325 degrees. For whatever reason - this temperature and timing did NO cooking whatsoever. I ended up hiking the temperature up to 350 and cooking the brownies for a further 20 minutes which totally did the trick. I hope that the box simply had a misprint and that there isn't anything wrong with my oven - I"ll have to whip up another batch of something yummy to test it I guess!

I iced the brownies with an icing made from icing sugar, lots of cocoa powder and water. I sprinkled walnuts on top of this and we were set. The refrigerated brownies were AWESOME with coffee this morning. Speaking of coffee - I have, for the most part avoided caffeinated coffee and an still surprised by the strength of the cravings I get at times. I just have to smell coffee brewing and my mouth waters - decaf really doesn't quench the craving. Oh well all I can say is thank gawd I'm not addicted to anything stronger than coffee - because if the coffee craving are this bad I'd be sure to be a repeat offender on worse addictions!!

Anywho as per usual I'm pretty beat - The Little Diva had a rather clingy day - so I think I'll call it a night before her toofies have her back up and needing more snuggles. We're looking forward to seeing Granny and Grandpa tomorrow!! Sweet dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment