Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On watering lawns and neighbourhood cars...

To say that our front lawn looks like the Sahara is almost an understatement. The dust patch in the middle of the brown withered grass was getting bigger each time I looked at it. I think there were a few instances where I blinked and actually CAUGHT the patch expanding. It's not that I haven't watered it at all... - really I swear I have. What's worse is that I've probably watered it everyday now for a few weeks. It's just that I tend to do the watering when I have the little Diva in one hand and the hose in the other. She tends to get heavy pretty fast. She does enjoy being outside and getting to help out in the garden though so it's been fun - it just hasn't been that productive.

My focus on the ever expanding desert out front only intensified when my brother pointed out last weekend that my Alberta Spruce (I think that's what he said it was) was thirsty and on the verge of getting crispy. So now you have the background story. I've been mentioning purchasing a sprinkler (that ACTUALLY fits on the hose connector we have out front) to the hubby for a couple of days now but hadn't actually gotten around to picking one up. I was super happy when he came home with one tonight!!

I got it all connected and nicely placed in the middle of the sand patch and then the fun started. I had to inch into the back of the garage past my now larger car (The old one couldn't hold anything more than the Diva's stroller in the trunk!) to turn on the water. I turned the tap all the way on and then the hubby a tad on the hysterical side started yelling - "NOT SO MUCH, TURN IT DOWN - MORE DOWN - MORE DOWN - MORE DOWN!!" I looked up and through the open garage door, past my car and say a GIANT plume of water gracefully watering the lawn, halfway up our tree and over the hubby's car parked on the driveway.

I turned the water down to barely a trickle and even then had to move the sprinkler a little more to the right :) I was in hysterics when I saw just how much I'd "watered" on my first attempt. The spray had showered both the car on our driveway and our neighbours car - thank Gawd our neighbour wasn't still sitting out there because she would have been SOAKED! I also watered the front door of the neighbours on the other side!! All in all an hysterical watering experience.

I left the sprinkler on for a good little while and here's hoping the lawn can be revived..

Until next time - take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment