Monday, August 8, 2011

Could I have a moment of silence for our dear friend Piglet please

It is with great sadness that I share the following information: Piglet has gone missing.

He was last seen cavorting with the little Diva in her stroller in Walmart. They were overheard discussing such issues as "global domination" and "the merits of brightly coloured socks". Witnesses claim the discussions got quite heated and that the Little Diva was seen throwing Piglet around and even chomping on his ears. Some of these witnesses went on to suggest that Piglet RAN away rather than being pig-napped. Those closest to the Little Diva do however maintain that their relationship was a loving one and that Piglet enjoyed the roughhousing!

I personally remember the day Granny and I went to adopt Piglet. He was one of several toys I picked up just before the Diva came home from the hospital. They all went through a clean cycle in the washer and were ready to dazzle the little Diva. She however only had eyes for one of them - the oddly 'donut shaped' pink Piglet. She would lie in her bassinet and stare at him for ages. Then the little hand would come up and the tiniest little fingers would carefully trace his nose and eyes. She'd often fall asleep with a little hand outstretched just making sure Piglet was still there. I know it's silly but I do feel a little heart broken that he's gone. He was the first toy she ever connected with and he helped make her bassinet more homely and differrent from the one in the hospital.

I regret to inform my readers that the search for the beloved Piglet has unfortunately been called off. We went back to Walmart and had someone look in their "lost and found" box. She rattled through the box unceremoniously and I had to repress the urge to insist on going behind the counter to look in the box myself. She said he wasn't there and we had to take her word. We even traced our steps from the fateful day in the hope that someone had found the poor lost piggie and propped him on a shelf somewhere. But alas, the donut shaped Piglet was gone. He is presumed kidnapped, or garbaged or worse....

I respectfully request a moment of silence in his memory. Even if the little Diva isn't really aware that the toy is gone, her mom is mourning the memories that are attached to the silly pink toy. I only hope that whoever has him now will continue to lavish him with the same love and attention that the Little Diva did.  

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww...Piglet... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm still pretty traumatized!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Diva loss is all of her family's loss , but Diva's Mom needs consoling, may the piglet find its way home.

    ReplyDelete