Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's official; I'm falling apart!

OK, now that the title to this blog entry has grabbed your attention I better down play it ever so slightly... I'm not REALLY falling apart - I'm just a little tired and stiff - the heating pad that is attempting to melt my stiff neck muscles is working wonders! I steam sterilized the Diva's soothers and managed to burn myself with the steam - I don't think it's even going to blister so really I"m just whining at this point...bear with me - I promise to stop and get with the stories, please continue reading...

We have had quite the busy last couple of days, we had a lovely BBQ with my parentals and my brother's family on Friday night. The little Diva had an absolute blast playing soccer with her cousin the little princess. She crawled all over the lawn to get the soccer ball that her darling cousin rolled back and forth for her. Saturday of course meant swimming lesson time and we had a blast. It was the final lesson and the hubby and I both got to go in with the little Diva. She had an awesome time "Swimming" back and forth between mom and dad. We did dunk her at the end of the lesson and she was slightly unimpressed. The poor little goober doesn't seem to like her ears getting wet. They were the first things she was concerned about when she came back up. She grabbed her ears and gave daddy a violently dirty look. She's getting quite good at dishing out the cut eye when she thinks it's called for. Her "grumpy" face is hysterical. She scrunches up her nose - the more scrunched it is, the more displeased she is!!

Sunday meant a wonderful day spent picnicking in the park for Dadoos' birthday party. We had a great day - we BBQ'ed, spent some time on the beach and enjoyed the gorgeous surroundings from under a shady tree or two. The guys got quite engrossed in a Frisbee game and it was pretty entertaining to watch. One of the hubby's cousins spent the day trying to convince the little Diva that she liked him. Buut in true Diva style she stuck to her guns and wailed every time the poor guy tried to get in a snuggle. She is stubborn when she's decided she's going to react a certain way to a person. We had a lovely time and hope Dadoos enjoyed her birthday as much as we did! After cake it was time to go back home and try get some sleep before Monday's shenanigans!

When Monday rolled round we were off to the Zoo with my brother's family and my parentals. We had a great time seeing all the animals and getting to spend time with family. The little Diva had a tiny portable fan on her stroller and with some coaxing from Granny - we were able to keep her in there for a chunk of the day. She kept her feet up against the fan and seemed to enjoy her first Zoo experience.

It is now technically Wednesday and I still don't feel fully recovered! I'm thinking it's time for bed and tomorrow we visit the Dada and Dadoos. :)

Sweet dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment