Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 315 - Why no nap!

Oh my goodness have we just had the nap battle of the century or what! The little Diva has been a superstar with nap time for the last couple of weeks. She watches a few minutes of her show and then she happily skips off to her room when I ask her if she's ready to be tucked in.

Today she was having NONE of that. I adjusted the time for the time change so the sleep attempt happened at the same time but all she kept saying was NO TUCK, NO SLEEP!! I even read her two books but then the little punk went flying out of her room back into ours and tried to get away with watching more tv.... All I had to say to that was HECK NO! It took some serious convincing but she FINALLY slept.

It is now 8:54pm and this kid is STILL awake in her room. I don't know what has her super charged but I think I will be chasing her around a park tomorrow to make sure she's TIRED!! It's EXHAUSTING trying to convince a kid to sleep.. lol Entertaining too though because she has a number of new tactics to delay bedtime. The latest one goes like this: You hear her knocking on her door saying "Hug a mommy, hug a daddy" and when you go in there you discover she's misplaced her pajama pants and you now have to retrieve them where they are stuck under the door and put them back on. This has happened enough times that when you enter her room she now says, "Why you take a off?!... why you take a off?!!" Sigh. If I could teach her to say "I seem to have misplaced my pants" we would all be in hysterics and no one would ever get to bed!

ANYWAY it sounds like maybe she's winding down now... I'm hoping so because I think it's time for some popcorn, "Once Upon a Time" and "The Walking Dead" - quite the contrast I know :)

Sweet dreams all and I hope your Monday flows smoothly, quickly and painlessly! Here's to a stellar week!

No comments:

Post a Comment