Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 321 - Bedtime con-artist!

To my Darling daughter - the bedtime con-artist,

Mommy knew full well when you asked for the milk 30minutes after you'd supposedly "gone to sleep" that you didn't really want or need milk. Nope - you were just stalling. You wanted a little more company before you finally decide to go to sleep. So I brought you your milk and as you pretended to drink it I got in another cuddle.

Your sleepy, happy little grin clearly said that you thought you'd won but I think I did.
 
You were snugly and smelt like bath-time, love and more cuddles. You pointed to your bedtime entourage one by one and got me to rearrange a few of them. It took some explaining on your part to make sure I had Binoo exactly where you wanted him - but we got it sorted out.

I finally convinced you that it was time to put the milk away so that mommy could tuck you in for bed. You complied and I got to tuck you in once again - snugly and warm in your blanket. I wasn't surprised to find that you'd hardly drank any of the milk in your sippy cup despite having nursed it the entire time I was in your room with you.

I think you're sleeping now - I will wait a few more minutes and then go in and check on you. I'll quietly remove most of your entourage so that you're not rolling over hard plastic toys in the middle of the night and waking up unhappy. I'll lean down for a quick kiss and I'll be happy that I'm the lucky one who gets to be your mommy.

Sweet dreams my little pumpkin, mommy loves you more than you could ever know and she wants to make the most of these snuggles while you'll still let her.

Love Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment