Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 255 - Massage Day!

So I'm super stoked for my massages this evening. (Yes, Yes I have been mentioning it WAY too much in the last couple of days and I do apologize, but I am excited!) I am making some Mung Bean Curry for dinner so everything will be ready when the hubby gets home from work. We will eat, bath the Diva and then mommy can scoot for some torture/pain relief.

The Mung Bean Curry is actually freaking yummy and potentially Gluten Free if you make sure all of the components are GF. I am doubling the recipe so that I will have some extra to freeze for those "just don't feel like cooking days". Also it's great to have a meat free meal every now and then. Yay vegetables and all that. I do tend to add extra veggies to this recipe but in it's simple form this is all you need:

1 1/2 Cup Mung Beans
1 chopped onion
1 chopped tomato
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1tsp cayenne pepper
pinch of saffron for colouring
salt to taste
1/4 cup cream
2tsp curry powder

You need to wash and soak the mung beans. I tend to soak them in boiling water from the kettle. I boil the kettle soak the beans and once the water has cooled I boil a second kettle full and repeat. If you don't do this or let them soak over night it takes FOREVER for the beans to cook :) The recipe says to cook the beans till soft, then saute the other stuff alone until tender and then add it to the beans with the cream. I tend to just saute the onions and then add everything except the cream and cook until done before adding the cream. The beans do take a while to cook so just let them simmer quietly until done :) The recipe also says to garnish with fresh danya. I have no idea what that is so I have never done that. Just give me a second while I hit the Google.

Apparently Google is just as confused as I am. It mostly things danya is a person - I still have no idea what it is, but you really don't need it, the curry is yummy without it.

Happy Thursday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment