Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 115 - Quiche FAIL

I decided to make a diet friendly quiche for supper today. The recipe sounded promising but the end results were a tad scary. Ok so yes instead of canned corn kernels I used frozen but I didn't think it would make THAT much of a difference. The quiche was still way to wobbly by the time it was supposed to be cooked so I left it in for another 20 minutes at a higher temperature and it was STILL not done. By now everyone was starving and so I just popped our servings in a frying pan and "scrambled" the extra liquid out of it. I served our hideous quiche with veggies. It tasted great but it looked like some seriously complicated scrambled eggs.

I was able to pour liquid off the rest of the quiche and it now looks like a freaking quiche! I'm thinking that our leftovers are going to taste better than the original :)

No comments:

Post a Comment