Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 118 - Carrot Salad!

We had a lovely day spent with family and my brother's friend "M" who was visiting from England. The little Diva was at first not too sure about this new guy but she actually gave him a "high-five" before we left so I guess she thought he was ok! :)

I made a carrot salad for the family lunch today. It is REALLY simple to make. You just grate up (shred) a bag of carrots, add a canfull-ish of crushed pineapple and a quarter cup of orange juice. Mix, chill and serve. Remember that you don't want it to be too watery - the orange juice is simply to make sure it's not too dry. This salad is a great accompaniment to a BBQ.

I was all set to hand grate/shred my carrots when my mom reacted with horror that I didn't have a food processor. I honestly didn't know that was what they were for - I just assumed people used them to slice up copious amounts of veggies to make GIANT salads. AND heck - I'm not in the habit of making giant salads so surely I don't need one? Anywho thank goodness Mommers was there to set me straight and my kitchen-aid now has a lovely shredding and chopping attachment. I'm tempted to try make those hash-brown patties with shredded potatoes - because apparently I can do that with this machine - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment