Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 120 - Vegetable Soup!

There's nothing easier than throwing on a pot of yummy chicken and veg soup. Ok - yes perhaps there are MANY things easier - things like pouring a glass of milk or eating a candy bar. But the point I'm trying to make is that soup is easy to make. I started mine out with a little olive oil, onions, mushrooms and garlic in the bottom of my biggest pot. I fried the mix for a few minutes stirring often. I then added a mix of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, celery, peppers and 3 chicken breasts. I added water to the pot so that it was almost full - pay attention to the volume of water you add because you need to know how many stock cubes to add. I used a mix of chicken, onion and vegetable cubes. It is possible to find stock cubes without MSG and yeast and other not so great ingredients. Bring the pot to the boil and then let it simmer for the afternoon. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment