Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 170 - I hate my cat so much right now...

UGH! That is pretty much how I can sum up the last hour. It started with a lovely chat with the hubby while unpacking the dishwasher. I then proceeded to set a terrible chain of events in motion by uttering the following sentence:

"I probably shouldn't say this out loud because it will probably jinx things, but the cats haven't barfed anywhere or pooped outside the litter box since I started dosing them with Rescue Remedy!"

I was happy and upbeat and all kinds of optimistic.

Stupid, stupid gullible me.

I came upstairs after my workout and was just about to hop in the shower when all hell broke out downstairs. It sounded like the cats were killing each other. There was hissing and running and thudding and yowling. I am thankful that this ruckus didn't wake the little Diva because getting her to bed elicited many of the same sounds and took a LOT longer (Ok there was no thudding but I may have hissed and the Diva sure as heck yowled).

Anyway, I get down there and JubJub was nowhere to be seen. Mr. Kitty was sitting under the table acting as if nothing had happened and JubJub slowly skulked out from behind a chair. He then proceeded to make even more hideous noises that signaled a hair ball was clawing it's way up and out of his esophagus.

I used my foot to gently coax him off the carpet and onto the hardwood so that I would have an easier time cleaning up the disgusting crap that was about to appear. I had also brushed the cats this afternoon so I was NOT impressed that there was still enough hair in this cat to form a hairball. Anyway he was all crouched and ready to barf and giving me some serious cut-eye when he seemed to reconsider the barfing and decided to head downstairs.

I followed a few minutes later to check on laundry and found him squatting in his bed. AAAARGH I screeched - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!! He didn't reply but shot me another dirty look. At this point I grabbed him and ran to the litter box. In the process I stepped on a nugget (UGH yes you can shudder I did) before shoving him in the litter box.

I decided to give up and hobbled upstairs sideways on one of my feet to wipe it with several (ok more than 5) wet wipes. I continued to hobble my contaminated ass upstairs and got in the shower. The universe is laughing her ass off at me, but I can assure you that I have the CLEANEST feet you have ever seen. I got to some SERIOUS scrubbing after that whole debacle.

Tomorrow I will be disinfecting the tub.

I hope your day was less disgusting.

PS Don't tempt fate by stating things that are going well when you think they might cease to go well if you mention it....

PPS Here's to an AWESOME Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment