Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 179 - Squeak Mystery solved!

The little Diva's stroller has been making some pretty darn terrifying sounds as of late. There have been squeaking sounds, some weird mechanical groaning and due to it being harder to push than normal some choice words muttered under this mommy's breath.

Anyway this had been going on for a while and we had come to the conclusion that we were probably going to need to buy a new stroller if WD40 didn't fix it. You're probably wondering what the WD40 did... well considering neither of us remembered to try it I have no idea what it would have done!!

Anyway this brings us to yesterday. The little Diva and I went for a stroll at the mall and I was a little apalled at how grotty her stroller was. The foot rest was covered in something sticky and dusty looking. I realised it must be the apple Juice the Little Diva had squirted all over herself a long couple of days earlier. Ugh - GROSS! I decided that as soon as she was asleep I was going to have to take the stroller outside and give it a good scrub down.

The Diva fell asleep on the ride back home and after I'd popped her into her bed I went back outside. I parked the stroller on the lawn and simply hosed it down! I then grabbed some baby shampoo and worked it into a nice lather all over the stroller. Another couple of hose down's and you wouldn't have thought it was the same stroller.

I left it out in sun to dry and thanks to the heat wave we are currently experiencing it was dry by the time we went for our after dinner walk. We had been walking for a good long while before the hubby said, "hey it's not squeaking any more"... I go "oh yeah!! Is it easier to push too?"

Turns out it is - I guess there was apple juice gumming up the wheel - Yuck. But really who would have thought that a good old hose down could cure a squeak?

Sweet dreams to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment