Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 189 - Red Velvet Cupcakes for Canada Day!!

We had a lovely day today even though I spent a chunk of it cleaning the basement while the little Diva slept. I vacuumed and then spot treated areas where JubJub has had accidents and THEN I steam cleaned the entire carpet. To make double sure that everything was clean I also swept and swiffered the carpet free areas. I picked up anything that could potentially get peed in and now we hope for the best. The basement smells AMAZING and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that this clean up helps the cat to re-find his litterbox. Our vet says he is healthy, just highly strung. If this plan doesn't work we will have to confine him to a room with his litter box, food etc. until he figures out that he has to do his business in his litter box. Ugh enough with all of the grossness.

My little family all wore red today and as it was my first official Canada Day as a Canadian that was pretty darn awesome! I decided to finally bake a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese icing (for Canada Day) and they turned out awesomely!! I didn't have enough red food colouring but they were still pretty red. Red, chocolatey and Mmmm gotta love Cream Cheese icing!

We had Dadoos, Mandada and Cousin R come over to take the Little Diva to see the Canada Day Fireworks but she fells asleep around 7 on the way back from the mall and she slept right through them. We kept waiting and wondering if she would get up in time for us to all go see the show but she didn't and everyone eventually just went home after supper. Hopefully they weren't too dissapointed - The little Diva will enjoy the fireworks more next year anyway!!

Anywho I have a feeling she's going to wake up around midnight needing her supper so I better go wind down and get some rest myself.

Here's hoping everyone had a TRULY wonderful Canada Day! Here's to having a vacation Monday too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment