Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 195 -

The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. - Lynn M. Osband 

If cats could talk, they wouldn't.- Nan Porter 

A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution.- Hazel Nicholson

Those are my quotes to sum up today. I took JubJub to the vet and our next plan of attack is to take him to their larger facility this week to do a urinalysis. I am really hoping that this is all it turns out to be so that we can medicate him and all get on with our lives. We are basically trying to figure out if the problem is medical or if it is a behavioral issue. I know it sounds a little crazy but we are rooting for a fixable medical issue.

We spoke about behavioral modification drugs if the problem turns out to be non medical but the list of possible side effects are not good. They include liver damage, changing kitties personality for the worst and potentially not working at all.

It is breaking my heart but the more I think about it the more I know that it won't be fair to JubJub to drug him to try and fix his behaviour. I can't think about the possibility of finding him a new home without my eyes welling up but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. He needs to be happy and so do we. If he needs to move on - we need to let him.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment