Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 198 - Boerewors!

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing."

I read this on a Facebook page today and couldn't stop giggling. If I had milk in my mouth it would have come out my nose. So this is why you HAD to read it too! Now imagine me yelling that I love you in German. Also imagine if you will that I am wielding a vacuum cleaner and that it is on and making that horrible strangled, clicking noise when you know it's sucked up something you shouldn't have left lying on the floor. There - do you feel the love and terror? yes? GOOD then my job is done! :D

Anyway the little Diva and I had a pretty low-key day. We started out the day by grabbing some South African produce - YAY! We have biltong and boerewors and that makes me happy. Something about borewoes conjures up images of South African summers. I resisted the urge to stock up on cookies and chocolate because we have two wedding to go to in September and we plan to look good! We also did some driveway art and some watering/drowning of the flowers in the front. The little Diva also enjoyed watering her own toes and her mommy immensely! One of our neighbors was laughing hysterically after I got completely soaked.

Until tomorrow - eat yer veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment