Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 194 - Swimming

The little Diva and I tried to go swimming this morning. It was sweltering hot out there - she was tired and I figured we'd get in a swim and then head home for a nap. I was not impressed to find out that the fun swim time had been switched to later in the afternoon. I felt like the meanest mommy ever quickly changing her out of her bathing suit and strapping my crying toddler back into her car seat and promising to bring her swimming later.

She fells asleep within 5 minutes of leaving the pool and so I took her home for a nap. Once she woke up we had lunch and we got ready to go swimming yet again. This time we got there and there was actually swimming to be had! The pool was choc-a-bloc full but we had a blast. The little Diva found a fish and spent a good chunk of time throwing it in to the pool - fetching it and getting back to the edge to chuck it back in!

She tried to climb out of the pool after about 40 minutes and when I asked if she wanted to go home I got a definite, "HOME!". She did requests, "milk and fries some" and so I decided I would comply. We went home for milk and fries and then there was chalk drawing on the driveway until Daddy got home.

All in all a GREAT afternoon - we did miss Grano today though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment