Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 73 - Too much peanut butter!

The Little Diva is OFFICIALLY a COOKIE MONSTER! There I said it. The kid loves peanut butter cookies a little too much - I am pretty confident that she would eat them for every single meal if I let her. Alas though I have had to put my foot down and insist that fruits, vegetables and other sources of protein are equally important parts of her daily "num num" intake. I find it hysterical when she tells me she's "Hungy" and then asks for a cookie. I guess she is convinced that "cookie" makes up a food group! We definitely need to work on increasing the variety she eats. Being sick and only wanting cheerios and milk for a week really didn't help much but it will get better.

I did end up making more peanut butter cookies today. I used 1 cup of chunky peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oats, 1 egg and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. The little Diva as usual loved them and Uncle M asked if we'd baked Peanut Butter cookies as soon as he walked in the front door. He was quite happy to munch a few with his coffee and the Little Diva was super impressed with him showing up too.

I say "too" because her little friend A visited today. They had a lot of fun and the Little Diva is looking forward to A's birthday later this month. While we were talking about birthday plans it really hit me that the Little Diva is going to be 2 years old in about 3 months. That is just CRAZY. I find it hard to believe that I have been a mommy for almost 2 years now. Has it really been that long? Where have the days gone....


No comments:

Post a Comment