Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 77 - Holy Muffins Batman!

Whew - it is 11:12pm and the house SMELLS like MUFFINS. I had a bunch of 2% milk left after the Little Diva's stomach bug week and needed to use it up. The Hubby and I are fans of skim milk and the Little Diva loves her some homogenized milk.

So what was a girl to do with extra 2%. Now I'm pretty confident that most people don't think of muffins when they need to use up excess milk - but hey, I have a recipe that uses 2 cups a pop! Remember this one?

I made two batches of these muffins. For the first batch I substituted Strawberry Special K for one of the cups of bran. For the second I substituted two cups of raisin bran for the bran. I just popped the cereal in a bag and crushed it really well before adding it. If the Banana muffins (which I made to use up icky looking bananas) turned out well I can share that recipe tomorrow.

I'm going to get myself to bed - well as soon as I get the muffins packed away! Sweet dreams to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment