Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 82 - Chicken Meatballs

Ugh - to be honest I'm not in the bloggiest of moods! It took forever to get the little Diva to bed and just when dad thought he had done the impossible - the freaking foghorn started with his "foghorning". We could have happily thrown him out the back door and slammed it in his face. The "foghorn" is our annoying orange hand-me-down cat. I really wish he didn't annoy me as much as he does but there I said it. This cat drives me CRAZY sometimes. I think he's just way more needy and crazier that my original and awesome cat JubJub. When there's a little person in the house in addition to the needy cat it really makes said cat that much more annoying. The Little Diva and JubJub get along fabulously. He's even knocked her over in his excitement to give her cat hugs a couple of times. She thankfully thinks that it is hilarious and he tolerates her tucking him under blankets and toys really well too. Ok I think I'm done my complaining for now.

 *Deep Breath*

Please don't send me hate mail - the cat is still safely in the house :)

So for supper today I made meatballs, rice and veggies. The meatballs were pretty awesome even if I do say so. I popped about a pound of ground chicken, half a red pepper, tablespoon of Italian spice, tablespoon of parsley, one egg, an onion, and about 3 tablespoons of tomato paste in the blender. I blended this till things were chopped and smooth. I added 1/2 cup bread crumbs and stirred them in well. I rolled balls and popped them on a greased tray and baked them at 400 degrees for 25-30minutes.

Happy baking and cooking - hope your pets are not driving you crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment