Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 80 - Daylight Savings Time DESTROYED Nap time!

UGH! I have never been a fan of daylight savings time. Sure the previous clock change resulted in an extra hour of sleep and that was great I guess - but this time round I didn't only lose an hour of sleep. Nope - I have lost the grip I had on the little Diva's 12:30pm nap! She seems to think that the lovely weather and time change mean that her nap time is a non-essential part of the day. Her crabby attitude and frustrated mom however beg to differ.

The first day after the dreaded clock change I was able to get her down for a nap at 1:30pm which wasn't too too bad considering she still thought it was 12:30pm... the following day was 2pm and today we didn't manage a nap at all. She is also teething so I do understand that there is a lot going on right now - but I don't have to be thrilled about it :D

We were up at 2am this morning feeding the little goober blueberries and a dose of Tempra. She was finally able to get to sleep and managed to snooze till 9am-ish. I have to admit sitting there in the semi-dark watching her munch her blueberries out of her cup with her cute little dimples and sparkly, sleepy little eyes - I couldn't help but love that I was one of two people who got to spend that time with her. I fall in love with this little girl more and more every day. It is true that you don't really understand your parent's love for you until you have a child of your own. Them is some POWERFUL love!

The little Diva is fast asleep now and I'm hoping she has a good night and is back to herself tomorrow. I intend to take her to the play center for an hour in the morning to get some energy used up and then perhaps we will spend some time outside after lunch. I will be hoping and praying for a nap with little to no fussing!! I can dream can't I? hehe

Anywho I didn't cook anything too exciting today but I did make an egg salad sandwich and cut it into two little Oreo sized circles for the Little Diva. She didn't buy my "egg cookie" bit at all. So yeah attempt 2 at disguising food as a cookie didn't go very well. Stay tuned for further attempts!


No comments:

Post a Comment