Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 88 - Impossible Pie

Before I begin let me assure you that I have NO real idea why this is called an "impossible pie" (it is also called Sultan's delight). The recipe was nowhere near impossible and perhaps that's the reason; perhaps it is "impossible" to screw up. I used the parenthesis because I'm sure that somewhere, somehow, someone exits with the ability to make this one flop.

I stumbled upon this recipe while flipping through one of my cook books and baked it to take along to our weekly visit to Dadoos and Dadda.

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup flour
50g butter or marge (melted)
4 eggs
5ml vanilla essence
2.5ml baking powder
pinch of salt



Method:
1 - preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium pie dish with marge or butter.
2 - whisk all ingredients together in mixer
3 - pour mix into pie dish and bake for 30-60minutes - baking time varies based on size of pie dish. It is cooked when puffed up and golden brown. Serve cold or lukewarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment