Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 91 - FEVER GONE!!!

Today went a LOT better. The little Diva woke up with the teeniest fever and by the end of nap time she was back to her regular temperature. YAY!!! She's still not herself though and I'm sure it will take a little while for her snotty nose to clear but it was a HUGE relief not to feel her little body burning up like it did on Saturday and Sunday every time the Advil wore off!

Last night was pretty rough - her fever spiked at 39.5 and we assumed the slightly larger dose of Advil (we checked with telehealth first) would do a great job of helping her sleep through the night once it cooled her down. Boy could we have been any more wrong. She was so restless and crying for hugs almost every half until just before two. To be fair though we had stripped her down and given her a lighter blanket to help bring the fever down and once we warmed her up a little more she finally slept until 4am. Then she was up again for almost an hour until we finally put her in our bed. She proceeded to lie horizontally between her daddy and I. She was still super restless but managed to "sleep" until 9am. She snored in my face for the majority of the time and kicked daddy in the face several times as well. He eventually just dozed with his hands up to shield his nose and eyes.

She has started doing the cutest little thing today. Instead of just saying "careful" she said "Daddy Careful" and instead of just giving me a "welcome" (this is how she says thank you) I got a "welcome mama" when I gave her some cheerios. She's growing up so fast - I try not to think about it too much or I'd turn into a blubbery mess. It really is such a privilege to get to be her mom and watch her grow and learn every day!

She's been up a few times already tonight so I'm not sure how much sleep is on the radar for hubby and I but we are just both so happy that the fever has broken.

I have two recipes to share with you tomorrow that I made today. I primarily tried these recipes to use up overripe bananas and I'm not so sure the little Diva is a fan. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment