Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 86 - Fish Fingers!

I haven't eaten fish-fingers in FOREVER!

I remember really enjoying them as a kid with copious amounts of ketchup. I figured that the little Diva might be equally impressed with them. But alas she was not overly thrilled - I really shouldn't have been surprised. She took a couple of bites (microscopic mouse nibbles) to humour me so we will offer them to her again and hope for a better response then. I quite enjoyed them; mostly for the trip down memory-lane.

I have a vivid memory of my Oupa cooking these for us. He was staying with my siblings and I for the weekend while my parents were out of town. He was originally making chops and potatoes in a pot on the stove and burnt them pretty badly. I remember him being pretty upset. We (the kids) suggested fish-fingers and then had to show him how to cook them in the microwave. It makes me sad to think that the little Diva is too far away to get to meet her Great Ouma and Oupa. I have many, many amazing childhood memories of time spent with them. I'm so happy that the little Diva has as wonderful a relationship with her grandparents as I have with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment