Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 79 - Apple-Cinnamon Teff Pancakes

I made teff pancakes for the Little Diva for lunch. She however was adamant that she wanted "Cookies".  I simply sliced these into fingers and told her they were "teff cookies".... she was impressed - said "Mmmm" and shared her "Cookies" with me. I have to say I was pretty darn happy that my plot worked. I have my doubts that she would buy my "broccoli cookies" story though...

I found it almost impossible to fry these pancakes. The recipe says to fry them in coconut oil but try as I may I couldn't get them not to stick, burn or crumple. I switched my oil to Olive oil and fried them pretty easily! These pancakes tastes like french toast - Yummers!

I halved the recipe I used and found it here.

Ingredients:
2 cup teff flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups milk (or non-dairy milk)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Olive oil to fry.

Sift dry ingredients together. Mix in wet ingredients well. Fry over medium heat!

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment