Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 221 - why must toddlers break falls with their face?

We woke up pretty late this morning and as we snuggled in bed with the little Diva I briefly considered not taking her to the play group this morning. I was tired and not really in the mood to get up and leave the house before 10am. BUUT she has so much fun and it is so rewarding to watch her clap along with the other kids so I told myself, "Self you should go!" So we marched upstairs and she watched some cartoons while I found some clothes... then back downstairs to speedily throw together her diaper bag and race out the front door!

We got to the center as kiddies were already entering the program room, but there was luckily still space to sign her up. We had a blast as usual and I was very happy we went. She was a little shy today and spent a bunch of time on my lap but she LOVED clapping and shouting "hooray" and "good girl!!"

I was planning to leave straight for the grocery store as soon as the program was over but she asked to play with the train table and I couldn't say no. She was having a blast while Mommy chatted to one of the ladies who works there. There were three kids going round and round the table pushing their trains - my little hooligan was lapping them over and over because apparently they weren't chugging along fast enough! All was going well until one of the bigger boys decided to run in this high traffic area and sent the little Diva flying. OF COURSE she broke her fall with her face against the edge of the table and screamed. I grabbed her right away and got the tightest hugs amidst the most heart wrenching sobs. I HATE it when my poor little baby gets hurt. It honestly pains my heart when something like that happens and I can't take away her pain. Becoming a parent makes you more vulnerable that you would ever imagine possible. When your children hurt, your body aches to take it away for them.

She sobbed for a few minutes and neither I nor one of the center ladies could see a mark on her. She still has a little bruise on her forhead from a trip and face-plant against a table at Dadoos' on Monday - but there didn't appear to be a new mark. Once she calmed down she informed me that Thomas was broken. Turns out that somehow in the midst of the fall she'd ended up with only one part of the lego Thomas - we retrieved the other half from under the table built him again. After leaving him on the table the Little Diva was happy to go.

I quickly stopped at Tim Hortons for timbits for her and a tea for me before heading to the grocery store. While there I noticed a little red mark on her nose so I'm thinking that's probably where she bonked her face. Poor girl, no wonder she was so upset - it must have been pretty freaking painful!

Anywho we got our shopping done pretty fast and I got a sleeping baby girl into the car and home for her nap. I am sure she will be up soon and we will have to come up with fun things to fill the afternoon.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment