Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 250 - Oh that's where that went....

Several days ago I had JUST given the little diva a sippy cup when she asked me for it again. I looked EVERYWHERE... ok well not "everywhere" because if I had I would have found it as the damn thing didn't technically vanish into thin air. I searched in all of the "usual" places and some of the not so usual places and finally just gave her a new cup knowing full well that the old one would turn up sooner than later.

It did.

I almost wish it hadn't.

I found it this afternoon when I opened the cupboard to grab a big serving plate. There it was sitting peacefully on top of the plates just above the K-Cups. I somehow missed the Diva stashing it there. She needed her hands free to quickly help herself to some K-Cups when I opened the cupboard to grab a bowl several days ago. She likes to shake the K-Cups and then leave them in random places for me to discover and brew at my leisure.

The milk in this cup no longer looks like milk. It is, in fact, pretty damn terrifying-looking (yes we are going to pretend that "terrifying-looking" is a good and useful literary description). I haven't decided the fate of this cup yet but I think my inner "germ-a-phobe" is going to throw it out. Hell I'm scared the content will jump out and devour our cat if I open the bottle. Once it's ingested the cat it may turn on me - I'm not sure that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Hints, tips? Would you wash or chuck this monstrosity. My best guesstimates suggest that the cup has been in there for 2 or 3 days. I would post a picture but I'd hate to be responsible for you having to clean vomit out of your keyboards.

On that slimy, curdled and wholly unappetizing note I wish everyone a very happy long weekend.

YAY for Monday's spent lazily with family :D

2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie. Had that happen to me too. I kept the cup after debating whether or not to toss it. I opened it washed it in hot soap and water. Ran it once through the dishwasher and then last but not least washed it in some bleach. Smells as good as new so we are still using it. However I did almost lose my breakfast opening the cup.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm contemplating boiling it... lol but there's a little voice in the back of my head screaming "THROW IT OUTTTT DEAR GAWD THROW IT OUT!!" hehe so I have until I run the dishwasher tonight to make my decision :D

    ReplyDelete