Sunday, August 5, 2012

DAy 224 - heartbroken...

We took JubJub to a cat hotel today. By we - I mean the hubby drove him. I couldn't do it. Just getting him into the cat carrier broke my heart. He howled. I balled. I felt like a traitor.

We will keep him at the hotel until his flight details are finalized and he can go live with my sister, her hubby and their furry babies. I hope that he is happy there.

I know that we are doing the right thing. JubJub was miserable here. He was trying his best to tell us what the problem was. We tried so many different things to try and make him happy but nothing seemed to do the trick. I hope that he will be happy with my sister and that the change of scenery at the hotel will do him good until then.

I remember the day he picked us at the animal shelter. He was a ball of fluff with the biggest ears and most inquisitive kitty eyes I had ever seen. I miss him already and wish that there was something we could have done to make him happy.

We tried.

I look at Mr. Kitty and see him asking where JubJub is and I fight to keep from crying again.

I'm dreading the Little Diva asking where "Jub-bub" is.

This doesn't feel fair.

I truly hope he finds his happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment