Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 230 - Poetry


I know I've been posting a lot of poetry lately in lieu of more substantial blog posts and I do apologize.  It is just that I am/have been in a somewhat reflective mood lately and these poems have resonated with me. I figured that they needed to be shared so there you have it.

We have a lot going on in our lives at the moment and sometimes it is good just to sit and reflect. Things have a way of working themselves out - you just need to hang in there and be the best version of you - that you can be so that you're in the right place at the right time and all that jazz.

So along that train of thought, here's a poem about hope. I'll go work on my cross-stitch and then get some sleep - hope your Sunday is a gooder!

Hope is the Thing with Feathers

By: Emily Dickinson
"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea,
Yet never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment