Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DAY 241 - Dieting and Baking?!

I am in the mood to bake. I am resisting though because I am also following my diet strictly again - I have two weddings to go to in September and I intend to fit into my outfits. I want to be a "yummy-mummy" not a ... ummm whatever the opposite of that is? A not-yummy-mummy, a yucky-mummy? Oh forget it - all I want to do is lay off the junkfood for a while and for that reason ALL I can think of is carbs, yummy carbs filled with gluten, fat, sugar and more carbs. BLEAGH.... ok I need to FOCUS. Perhaps a cup of carrot sticks will distract me for a little while.

Either way though I do need  to try bake more Gluten-free things in future. With the correct recipes they can be surprisingly good. Gluten-free though does not mean "healthy" or "low-fat". I'm currently sitting on a recipe for the most divine sounding gluten-free almond chocolate balls but I think I may have to stall for a while because if they are as yummy as they sound I will basically have to give them away as soon as I've eaten one or risk eating them all! LOL

My little Goober and I had a fun day at the farm and this mommy is now super-duper exhausted. The Diva woke up several times early this morning.  Daddy got up to put her back in bed (thank you so much!) but I still must have woken up because my eyes are burning and I feel like I'm going on four hours of sleep!

I'm sure her waking up so much had to do with the fact that she didn't have a nap yesterday. She was up all day and got pretty cranky in the afternoon. She almost fells asleep when I carried her downstairs after playing in her room for a while and there was some serious eye blinking while eating supper. We wanted to avoid having her fall asleep too early so we went for a walk after supper. The poor kid was hysterical by the time we had her ready for bed. I guess she really isn't ready to drop the daily nap.

Here's hoping for a better night tonight!

Happy Thursday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment