Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 129 - Neurotic Cat...

Ugh so one of my cats is on the rampage again. Pretty much EVERYTHING terrifies him at the moment - I'm seriously considering finding him some anti-anxiety medication. This "terror" results in litter box "accidents" outside of the litter box. I don't know about you but I am no fan of cat poop. It's not even a teeny little bit ok if it's not INSIDE the litter box and preferably covered with litter.

We figured that perhaps we needed to move the litter box (it's been in the laundry room for months... suddenly the furnace is making him all kinds of nervous). So the Little Diva and I set off for our local pet store this morning and got a brand-spanking-new covered box. It was the biggest one we could find!

I even picked up a little carpet to put out front to help keep litter tracking at bay. While the Diva napped I got the new box set up in the new location. I am happy to report that the crazy cat has been super calm today. No crying for me to take him down to the litter box so I'm cautiously optimistic that the new plan is working.

The Little Diva currently has the runniest of noses and it's making her a little down in the dumps. We have the steamer on in her room and it definitely helps - she slept really well last night. I'm hoping she will be feeling better tomorrow for our visit to Dadoos and Dadda!

No comments:

Post a Comment