Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 158 - Painting!

What fun! The little Diva and I went to the center today and she discovered the absolute joy of painting on an easel. I was surprised by just how little paint actually ended up on the Diva and myself. Yes - I had to mop the classroom floor a little but the joy that came from watching her create and have fun FAR - FAR - FAR outweighed the slight exertion it took to swoosh the mop around. We also discovered how much fun chalk boards can be - and don't get me started on the magnetic letters that stick to said board! Then there were the balls - all different shapes, sizes, textures and colours. Did I mention how much fun we had? I think we're going to install this place firmly into our weekly plans along with Mommy and Diva mid-week swimming. I find a busy Diva is a happy Diva. When she gets bored - she gets cranky and mommy turns into an "angry-bird". We all know this needs to be avoided at all costs!

The Little Diva was SUPER excited for "nack" time but wasn't too excited by the snack. She ate some tortilla and cheese but turned up her nose at the avocado and tomato. (I didn't blame her on the avo front - that thing was greener than green! I ate SO much Avo when I was pregnant with her that I assure you I know what constitutes a "good" avo and that was NOT it!)

I really wish there was some magic way to get this kid to eat like a pro. I keep hearing that it's common for preemies to be picky eaters especially when it comes to textures but I ALSO hear that full term kids tend to either eat EVERYTHING or be super fussy too... so I guess it's part of the Mommy job! If anyone has tips and tricks to getting your kids to eat vegetables and meat please throw them this way. I find if I give the Diva more than one texture in a mouth full she tends to spit it out. She's not a "lumps" girl I guess. The one thing I found that I can almost always get her to eat though is scrambled eggs with a little rice and finely chopped veggies in it. I'm guessing the egg makes the texture seem uniform? Oh well whatever it is we will keep experimenting!

Happy Almost Weekend Folks - Enjoy yer Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment