Monday, May 7, 2012

DAy 134 - Overwhelmed!

I know everybody has been here at least once: you have so many things on your to do list that you end up frozen not knowing where to start. My list runs the gamut of things that I have to do - ie: the laundry so that we don't have to join a nudist colony and things I would really like to do - ie: my scrap-booking. There are of course a billion other things in the mix. I figure if I can get my blog, garbage, laundry, dinner and some cleaning done before the little Diva's bed time then I have a few hours to learn Urdu and work on a secret project. I need to remain motivated and avoid feeling overwhelmed or I'll never get anything done. I really need a little bit of luck too I think - any one have some to spare? There's so much reading I'd also like to get through - oh well I guess we will focus on baby steps. The reading can get squeezed in after the secret project.

The little Diva and I were going to go to her play group this morning but she's sounding super snotty again today and  don't want to get dirty looks from the other moms there for bringing a sick kid. Also I'd hate for her to catch something else in addition to the cold - she's just starting to get over it. We went to the mall for a walk instead and enjoyed a cookie and some mommy-daughter bonding time. I can't believe how vocal this kid is getting - her communication skills get better each day. It truly is amazing to watch how children grow and develop.

She is definitely a stubborn little soul but I do need to cut her some slack as I'm not exactly blind to where that streak comes from ;). I'm going to have to work harder at putting up that ZEN front if I'm going to convince her that simmering down is a healthier way to get things done!

Anywho - I better get my butt into cleaning gear so that I can get the garbage cleared. The less  have to do tonight the better - I may even bath the little Diva early... :) Lets hope this optimism lasts and translates into a clean orderly house and some free time for this momma to get stuff done tonight! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment