Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 277 - Thursday

What a day. Traveling takes a lot out of you. We were up nice and early to pack up our last minute things. The little Diva was still asleep so we let her sleep while we ran around the house like crazy people. I ate breakfast and then when we were basically ready to leave it was time to get her up. I played the little Diva's music and opened her curtains. She got up on her knees, frowned at me, lifted her blanket in the air and lay down and pulled it back up around her shoulders and promptly went back to sleep.

It doesn't get more clear than that eh. "Mom I'm not getting up!"

I figured I'd try a different approach and put on the TV in our room while I went to clean my teeth. Two minutes later the little gumdrop wobbled into our room with her blanket and snuggle buddy. We quickly fed her breakfast, got her dressed and packed all three of us into the car and set off for the airport.

We had a good flight. The little Diva got stinky half way to Calgary so we had some airplane diaper change shenanigans on the way. We discovered that she is a fan of Crispers! Gotta love the fact that Westjet still gives you "free" snacks :D

We got to Calgary happy but sleepy. It was quite strange to be back there - things looked familiar but also not. It's hard to explain but I found a lot of things were the same but different (paint colour changed etc) and some places were completely changed.

It was amazing to get to see a whole bunch of my cousins and aunts and uncles. My grandparents arrived late this evening and it was so good to see them again. It had been WAY too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment