Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 298 - Baby-Marrow (AKA Zucchini) Stew!

My mom mentioned to me that they made baby-marrow stew over the weekend and I have been CRAVING it since then. I remember as a kid being SUPER excited when Mom bought baby-marrows (zucchinis) and sandwich ham home. Excited, because it generally meant dad would cook up a big pot of the stew. We would literally finish it between our 5 family members and I do remember there were always complaints that there weren't leftovers so that we could have seconds! The stew was/is THAT good!

So yes I cooked up a pot. I used chicken sandwich meat though as our home is a no-pig zone. The recipe I have is handwritten and a result of my taking notes as my dad cooked. The instructions include such fun measurements as a "lekker handful" of cheese. I am no longer quite so clear on just how much cheese that entails so I will need to hang out with dad for a refresher course.

The stew still turned out yummy but it wasn't quite as awesome as dads! It is chock full of zucchini, chicken and cheese with some milk, corn starch, salt, pepper and mustard powder. It is AMAZINGLY delicious. Even the little Diva seemed to enjoy it!

Until tomorrow - Happy FRIDAY FOLKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment